Welcoming Foreigners to Invest in Malaysia
Starting a new journey of settling down in Malaysia can be overwhelming! There are many things you need to know and to consider carefully, especially if Malaysia is a completely foreign country to you. Not only do you need to find potential business opportunities to invest in and the various types of visa offered, you will also need to deal with these intricate issues that can get complicated with their own merits and compliance to consider. Find out the best options for your intend business available to you in order to meet your objective in Malaysia. The option you decide to take will affect your eligibility for trade licenses and your visa application with all relevant ministries of Immigration Department, Trade Consumerism, Local Town Councils, Company Registration, Tax Department, etc for your trade.
Getting it Right the First Time!
It is important to get the first step right from day one, once you have made the decision to start a business in Malaysia. Doing it right from the beginning will help your renewal process go smoothly for all matters on your trade license, visa, taxation, etc., for the onward years.
At MalaysiaBizAdvisory, we act as your Independent Business Advisor providing services, which include complete peripheral support from incorporation, licensing, visa, accounting, tax including offering latest updates and advise on changes which may take place in various Governmental Departments which affect you and your business. Acting as your liason person to conduct due diligence, fact finding and negotiation, our goal is to assist in minimizing your investment risk to the lowest. With our expertise and experiences dealing with more than 50 different nationalities worldwide, our roles in business investment services is craved and dedicated only to foreigners, be it pure investor or businessman who like to start a business in Malaysia.
To start a business in Malaysia of your own niche, the following services available to you:
- Advising the best business entity suitable to your intend business foreigner, to meet your objective in Malaysia
- Recommending the right trade licences needed for your intended business
- Getting the right visa for you and your family
- Providing guidance on compliance on your accounting, audit, tax and secretarial matters, etc aligning with the various Governmental departments for your business and visa
- Assisting in setting up your office plus getting business operations up and running
Fact: Changes in various Ministries and Immigration are on-going without any notice! At MalaysiaBizAdvisory, we provide the latest, prompt information for clients to plan ahead and act swiftly to enable all compliance are met to align ensuring your business and visa not affected by the changes for your permanent presence in Malaysia is valid for onward renewable.
Over the past few months…..many changes have taken place for Malaysian Sdn Bhd Company set-up, some with and others without notice:
- 100% Foreign Ownership of businesses and services needed approval from Ministry of Consumerism and Domestic Trade
- DBKL town council waive letter of business license approval is needed for offices and inspection will be performed
- The number DP 10 Work Permit expatriates hiring based on evaluation of business growth, local staff hiring, corporate and renewal compliance
- Bankers do not open account for cheque signatories without a valid visa under its own company
- For key position of shareholder/director to apply DP10 work visa, the minimum shares to own is RM500,000
- Newly set-up Malaysian Sdn Bhd of no profile and transactions high chance of rejection of work permit
- High Risk countries is likely to have their office inspection before approval of any work permit by the Immigration Department
- Franchise businesses 100% foreign owned needed approval from Ministry of Consumerism and Domestic Trade
- Taxation documents of two full years of the expatriates needed to submit during their renewal of DP10 work visa
- Certain bankers completely ban the opening of company account of sanctions countries deems “high risk”
- Tourism Ticketing license is no longer applicable for 100% foreign owned company
Choosing between having a local Malaysia nominees or not largely depends on the requirement of the nature of your business. If one not careful on the appointment, the following 4 complications may arise:
- All directors are required to sign company documents for the smallest changes, nominees do not turn up to sign
- Nominees credit score over time is not good, this will affect the health of the company
- Untraceable nominees will lead to unable to do compliance duty with the relevant Governmental Departments, that will cause penalties which is costly range from RM 2,000 onwards
- Dispute to claim of the Company’s authority and shares
At all times, the best option is to own 100% of your company in Malaysia unless it is a real partnership or businesses that required local participation. Check out Why Labuan Company 100% foreign ownership is popular among the foreigners!
Why Labuan International Company ?
- Ownership Secured!
- Majority Businesses-No Need Trade License!
- Lowest Set Up Cost!
- Low Tax and Flexible!
- No Personal Tax!
- 2 years Business Visa Available!
- Simple Compliance!
- Fast Processing, all within 45- 60 days!
Only 10 sectors required trade license approval for business or any capacity under Labuan International Company and we are ready to assist:
- Capital Markets
- Fund Management
- Wealth Management
- International Commodity Trading
Under Labuan International, all other sectors need not required any licensing to trade.
Start Your Labuan International! Send us your enquiry today!
Unsure which Entity You Should Own for Your Business in Malaysia?
It is common many foreigners do not know which is the right entity to own for their new business set up in Malaysia! Getting into the wrong entity not only expensive, it waste time and cumbersome to get out. Check out for more information on the most common entities owned by foreigners in Malaysia and what is the difference between them!
COMPANIES FORMATION RIGHT FOR YOU AND ADVISORY SERVICES AVAILABLE!
- Malaysian Sdn Bhd Company
- Labuan International Company
- Representative/Regional Office Status
- Foreign Branch Company
- Operational Head Quarter Status
- Multimedia Super Corridor status
SUPPORT AND SERVICES JUST RIGHT FOR YOU!
Corporate Company Services for Foreigners:
- Corporate Governance Duties on Secretarial
- Preparation and Yearly Audit
- Tax Filing and Submission
- Accounting Books Keeping
- Licensing Compliance and Renewal
- Internal Re-Structuring of Directorship, Shareholders and Capital
- Opening On-Shore and Off-Shore Bank Account
- Bank Account Management
- Business Center Services
- Government Certification of Documents
Immigration Support Services and Advisory:
- Onward renewal of visa for you and family
- Transfer endorsement of Visa from old to new passport
- New Visa endorsement for lost passport
- New born child or Spouse Inclusion Application
- Parent Inclusion application
- Termination of visa in Immigration System
- Transfer Student Visa to Expatriate Visa
The above list inexhaustible as you proceed with your daily business in Malaysia! Do contact us for any special service you may need from time to time. Since 2001, we specialize only serving foreigners, nothing is too difficult for us. We do our best to assist in anyway we can, feel free to connect us anytime, anywhere!
Unsure where to begin? Unsure if any Malaysia opportunities suit you?
Fastest way to access Malaysia market through setting of your Representative or Regional Office! Hassle free without need to set up Malaysia company…easy and cheap!
Representative/Regional office allows all foreign based companies to have a presence in Malaysia for a minimum three years together with their expatriates to explore business opportunities in Malaysia. In short, it gives you an opportunity with “window of three years” to see if Malaysia is the right place for you stay and start business!
Advantages of having Representative/Regional Office approval:-
- Easy to qualify as long as your company (in your country) has been established for two years -simply using your profiles and documentations!
- Fast approval within 60 -75 days!
- Eligible to apply while you are still in your country. With approval obtained, then you and your family to come into Malaysia
- Save cost – no need to immediate set up a Malaysian Private Limited (Sdn Bhd) company
- You will be entitled to do survey and fact finding on business opportunities having the “window of three years” to see if Malaysia is the right place for your investment
- You and your dependents (spouse and children of under age 21) will be entitled to 3 years’ Expatriate Work visa. [Click for Complete Info!]
Franchise is one of the fastest way to start a business in Malaysia with a higher chance of success. It has a shorter time to opening, initial training and on-going support, assistance in finding an optimal site; the selling power of a known brand; lower costs through group purchasing; use of an established business model; national and regional advertising campaigns; customer lead generation through websites and centralized call centres; and a network of peers (fellow franchisees) to provide advice and moral support through a company intranet, annual conferences, and franchisee associations; and, increasingly, assistance with securing funding. Moreover, most franchise business in Malaysia can be 100% foreign own. Malaysia is one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing franchise markets. With support from the Government of Malaysia, the private sector, and general receptivity from consumers, the market growth trend of average 15% per annum for the past decade is expected to continue into the next decade.
Helping Entrepreneurs find the Best Franchise opportunity in Malaysia
For foreigners who are new to local Malaysian business scene and culture, franchise businesses offer ready market and branding can serve as the fastest gateway allowing your immediate entry into possible, profitable arena.
At MalaysiaBizAdvisory, we assist you in these areas:
- Finding likely profitable franchise businesses that match your passion, experience, financial background etc.
- Contact the franchise companies and request basic franchise information. Review the preliminary and assist analyzing information to determine if the company still appears to meet your criteria and is worth spending more time on.
- Conduct Research & Due Diligence on the potential franchise business, using a tool that will guide you through some of the key issues you need to evaluate, list of questions that we will ask the franchisor when evaluating the franchise’s financials, training programs, support, operational issues etc. that will enable you to make an informed decision.
- Franchisee Calls and Visits to get a sense of their management style.
- After acquisition, we can help you Start-up the business i.e. company registration, site selection, design concept, renovation, hiring, training, marketing & promotion, stock ordering, pre-opening preparation, soft opening right up to Grand Opening.
Our goal at the end is to make a return on your investment by helping you understand what you’re signing, and more importantly, whether you’re signing with the right franchisor.
Find out how you can start the process the first few steps of acquiring the franchise business while you are residing in your country! Bringing Your Very Own International Franchise into Malaysia
Bringing Your Very Own International Franchise into Malaysia
Opportunities abound for international franchise expansion in Malaysia! Franchising industry in Malaysia is expected to have tremendous growth potential as it currently contributes only 5% of total retail sales in Malaysia compared to more than 40% in the US.The Malaysian government is one of the most franchise-friendly in the world, and there is currently a push by the Malaysian government to attract more international franchises into Malaysia, providing some unique and interesting opportunities.
Current prospects identified for franchising sector in Malaysia include:-
- Casual fast-food outlets and restaurants
- Education and training products/programs for English, life sciences, leadership, child development, and other adult training programs
- Services such as pharmacy, healthcare, nursing, senior care, printing, cleaning, plumbing
- Car servicing solutions and systems
- Information technology such as computer system and development
Find out more how we can help in bringing your franchise business into Malaysia market!