Welcoming Foreigners to Invest in Malaysia
Starting a new journey of settling down in Malaysia can be overwhelming! There are many things you need to know and to consider carefully, especially if Malaysia is a completely foreign country to you. Not only do you need to find potential business opportunities to invest in and the various types of visa offered, you will also need to deal with these intricate issues that can get complicated with their own merits and compliances to consider. Every options you decide to take will affect your eligibility for your visa application with the Immigration Department and all other Ministries involved in your trade.
Getting it Right the First Time!
It is important to get the first step right from day one, once you have made the decision to start a business in Malaysia. Doing it right from the beginning will help your renewal process go smoothly for all matters on your trade license, visa, taxation, etc., for the onward years.
At MalaysiaBizAdvisory, we act as your Independent Business Advisor providing services, which include complete peripheral support from incorporation,licensing,visa, accounting,tax including offering latest updates and advise on changes which may take place in various Governmental Departments which affect you and your business. Acting as your liason person to conduct due diligence, fact finding and negotiation,our goal is to assist in minimising your investment risk to the lowest. Due to our expertise and experiences dealing with more than 42 different nationalities worldwide,our roles in business investment services is craved and dedicated only to foreigners, be it pure investor or businessman who like to start a business in Malaysia.
To start a business in Malaysia of your own niche, we assist clients in:-
- Incorporating Companies
- Recommending the right trade licences needed for your intended business
- Getting the right visa for you and your family
- Providing guidance on compliance matters on your accounting,tax and secretarial matters,etc aligning with the various ministries for your business and visa
- Assisting in setting up your office plus getting business operations up and running
We are the Licensed Agent for Expatriate Work Visa DP10
Fact: Changes in various Ministries and Immigration are on-going without any notice! At MalaysiaBizAdvisory, we provide the latest and prompt information for clients to plan ahead and act swiftly to enable all compliances and align ensuring your visa and your business not affected by the changes for your permanent presence in Malaysia is valid and renewable.
- 100% Foreign Ownership of businesses and services needed approval from Ministry of Consumerism and Domestic Trade
- DBKL waive letter of approval is needed for offices and inspection will be performed
- DP 10 renewal required inspection of business for many
- For key position of shareholder/director to apply DP10, the minimum shares to own is MYR500,000
- Franchise businesses 100% foreign owned needed approval from Ministry of Consumerism and Domestic Trade
- Taxation documents of two full years of the expatriates needed to submit during their renewal of work visa
- Certain bankers disallowed opening of company account of sanctions countries
- Tourism Outbound license issuance has been ceased.
- Tourism Ticketing license is no longer applicable for 100% foreign owned company
- Representative/Regional Office Status
- Operational Head Quarter Status
- Multimedia Super Corridor status
- Labuan Off-Shore Companies
- Expatriate Work Permit DP10
- Professional Visit Visa for training, projects from 3 months to 12 months
- Spouse Visa- married to Malaysian
- Long Term Social Visa for dependants
- Application for Dependent Spouse for approval to work
- Renewal for all categories of visas
- Transfer endorsement of visa from old to new passport
- Cancellation for all categories of visa in Immigration System
Unsure where to begin? Unsure if Malaysia opportunities suit you?
Fastest way to access Malaysia market is thru setting of your Representative or Regional Office! Hassle free without need to set up Malaysia company…easy and cheap!
Representative/Regional office allows all foreign based companies to have a presence in Malaysia for a minimum three years together with their expatriates to explore business opportunities in Malaysia. In short, it gives you an opportunity with ‘window of three years ” to see if Malaysia is the right place for you stay and start business!
Advantages of having Representative/Regional Office approval:-
- Easy to qualify as long as your company (in your country) has been established for two years -simply using your profiles and documentations!
- Fast approval within 60 -75 days!
- Eligible to apply while you are still in your country. With approval obtained, then you and your family to come into Malaysia
- Save cost – no need to immediate set up a Malaysian Private Limited (Sdn Bhd) company
- You will be entitled to do survey and fact finding on business opportunities having the “window of three years” to see if Malaysia is the right place for your investment
- You and your dependents (spouse and children of under age 21) will be entitled to two years’ Expatriate Work visa.
Many companies have been approved for Representative/Regional Office initially when they first show interest to invest in Malaysia. Here are some big names…
Franchise is one of the fastest way to start a business in Malaysia with a higher chance of success. It has a shorter time to opening, initial training and on-going support, assistance in finding an optimal site; the selling power of a known brand; lower costs through group purchasing; use of an established business model; national and regional advertising campaigns; customer lead generation through websites and centralized call centres; and a network of peers (fellow franchisees) to provide advice and moral support through a company intranet, annual conferences, and franchisee associations; and, increasingly, assistance with securing funding. Moreover, most franchise business in Malaysia can be 100% foreign own. Malaysia is one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing franchise markets. With support from the Government of Malaysia, the private sector, and general receptivity from consumers, the market growth trend of average 15% per annum for the past decade is expected to continue into the next decade.
Helping Entrepreneurs find the best franchise opportunity in Malaysia
Being totally new to the local Malaysian business culture, Marketing and Branding, having a franchise business can serve as the fastest gateway allowing your immediate entry into possible, profitable arena.
At MalaysiaBizAdvisory, we assist you in these areas :-
- Finding likely profitable franchise businesses that match your passion, experience, financial background etc.
- Contact the franchise companies and request basic franchise information. Review the preliminary and assist analysing information to determine if the company still appears to meet your criteria and is worth spending more time on.
- Conduct Research & Due Diligence on the potential franchise business, using a tool that will guide you through some of the key issues you need to evaluate, list of questions that we will ask the franchisor when evaluating the franchise’s financials, training programs, support, operational issues etc. that will enable you to make an informed decision.
- Franchisee Calls and Visits to get a sense of their management style.
- After acquisition, we can help you Start-up the business i.e. company registration, Site Selection, Design Concept, Renovation, Hiring, Training, Marketing & Promotion, Stock Ordering, Pre-opening preparation, soft opening right up to Grand Opening.
Our goal at the end is to make a return on your investment by helping you understand what you’re signing, and more importantly, whether you’re signing with the right franchisor.
Find out how you can start the process the first few steps of acquiring the franchise business while you are residing in your country!
Bringing International Franchise into Malaysia
Opportunities abound for international franchise expansion in Malaysia! Franchising industry in Malaysia is expected to have tremendous growth potential as it currently contributes only 5% of total retail sales in Malaysia compared to more than 40% in the US.The Malaysian government is one of the most franchise-friendly in the world, and there is currently a push by the Malaysian government to attract more international franchises into Malaysia, providing some unique and interesting opportunities.
Current prospects identified for franchising sector in Malaysia include:-
- Casual fast-food outlets and restaurants
- Education and training products/programs for English,life sciences,leadership,child development,and other adult training programs
- Services such as pharmacy,healthcare,nursing,senior care,printing,cleaning,plumbing
- Car servicing solutions and systems
- Information technology such as computer system and development
Find out more how we can help in bringing your franchise business into Malaysia market!