Business Investment Opportunities in Malaysia– Why MALAYSIA?
1. Malaysia itself is well located within Asia Pacific and Asean! A 600 million market with a combined GDP of USD 2,3 trillion for you to tap when Asean Economic Co-operation initiative takes off. The intention is to transform ASEAN into single market for more dynamic and competitive with full integration into the global economy. AEC is a platform for ASEAN countries to enjoy common trade, investment and production base as one market.
- Within Asia Pacific rim where Asia Pacific GDP growth is tremendous! The opportunities are limitless!
- Within Asean region, a place poised with positive economy of escalating growing!
2. Malaysia will be one of the TPPA nations! This further expand the opportunities of 27.8 trillions GDP with more than 800 millions population for you to tap!
3. Malaysia ranked 6th country in the world as the most easiest and friendliness in doing business by World Bank! It has jumped from previous year’s ranking of 16, this proof Malaysia truly on track on its economy transformation and able to poise a place of investment welcoming foreigners!
4. UNCTAD Report affirmed Malaysia’s attractiveness in Foreign Direct Investment as an attractive destination raising the country’s rank from 13th to 16th in the world and Malaysia also the 3rd largest recipient FDI in Asean as a Top Prospective Host Economy for 2013-2015 in its World Investment Report.
Malaysia 2016 GDP set to growth estimated at 4.5%. Malaysia is a place of growth! A place of stability, affordable living with abundance of business investment opportunities in Malaysia! Malaysia welcomes foreigners! Begin your start-up in Malaysia, a perfect place to spring board of your business to the region! Check out the latest 2015 Malaysia Budget which apply for foreigners.
Business Investment Opportunities in Malaysia – The Popular Investment!
Recently, many foreigners have performed most searches in the following areas:
- How to Start an International Business in Malaysia- 100% owned by you?
- How to Start Restaurant Business in Malaysia
- How to Start A Franchise Business in Malaysia
- How to Start Hotel Business in Malaysia
Once they identified the business activities intend to perform in Malaysia, the next step to get the right entity to meet your objective in Malaysia! Due to more efficient of business ownership and less stringent requirements of trade licenses, many foreigners now opt to register Labuan International company which offer 4 unique propositions as follows:
- 100% control ownership in every aspect of the Company, this assure investment, without need of local Malaysian as partners!
- flexible in tax declaration based on yearly activities!
- flexible and permitted to deal with Malaysian companies with tax election option available!
- eligible to apply for 2 years’ renewable Business Visa for easy multiple entry into Malaysia and it is applicable for your family too!
From registration of Labuan company to final obtain the 2 years’ Business Visa often complete within 60-75 days! Find Out Why Labuan International Company Is Very Popular Now?
However, if your business is to open restaurants, shops and retail outlets, you are required to set up Malaysian Sdn Bhd company as these businesses do require local town council licenses to operate. For 100% fully owned by foreigners, you do require additional permission of trade license from Ministry of Trade Consumerism. The time frame from incorporation to fully set-up the office/shops, complete with trade license and hiring of expatriate may take up approx. 6 to 9 months to complete.
Malaysia poised for expected above 5% GDP growth for 2014!
Malaysia is enjoying some improve ranking and positions in various categories added good news with an encouraging business sentiment to both locals and the foreigners! Here is what the World Say About Malaysia :
- Malaysia’s economic freedom score is 69.6, making its economy the 37th freest in the 2014 Index for the 10 economic freedoms including financial freedom, investment freedom, labor freedom, and business freedom. Malaysia is ranked 9th out of 42 countries in the Asia–Pacific region, and its overall score is above the world and regional averages
- World Bank Forecast Malaysia GDP Growth for 2014 as 5.4% and 2015 for 4.6%
- Malaysia is the top 6th country for friendliest in doing business- 2014
- Malaysia ranked 4th out of 59 economies in Business Efficiency 2012/2013
- Malaysia ranked 29th in the world in Global Peace Index
- Malaysia ranked 4th in Asia’s most preferred investment locations 2013 by Economy Corporate Outlook
- Malaysia ranked 15th position and among the top 20% nation in competitive economy in the World Competitiveness IMD Report 2013
- Malaysia ranked 24th on Global Trade Enabled Business 2012-2013 by World Economic Forum
- Malaysia ranked 14th World Competitiveness 2012 by Institue Management of Switzerland
- Malaysia ranked 1st on Best Place to Retire by the Japanese
- Malaysia ranked 3rd Best Place to Retire by International Living Inc 2014 for its popular “MM2H program”
- Malaysia ranked 18th Best Place to Migrate by the Americans 2012
- World Investment Report revealed that Malaysia is the 3rd best for FDI in Asean, 5th best in Asia and the top 11th in 2014 UCTAD World bank Report for profitability
- Malaysia maintains its third placing in a ranking of the world’s top 50 global services locations for eight consecutive years, according to the latest AT Kearney Global Services Location Index 2011 report
- According to the 2012 Doing Business Survey by the World Bank, Malaysia is the world’s 6th friendliest place to do business! The survey include business startup procedures, time, cost and minimum capital required to start a business.
- Malaysia has double-taxation treaties with over 70 countries. For complete info, visit www.hasil.org.my
Malaysia is a Growing Economy! Malaysia is a Place of Growth! 2016 GDP estimated to be 4.5%!
- High Gross National Savings – 35% of GNP
- Low Debt Service Ratio – 4.7% of exports of goods and services
- Low Unemployment Rate – 4.5%
- Inflation (CPI) – 4.2%
- Home to a variety of natural resources – oil, gas, tin, timber, palm oil and rubber
- Government Policies – Pro-business and responsive
- Pioneer Tax Status incentive and many other incentives to support locals and foreigners
- Liberal exchange control regime
- Intellectual property protection
- Well-developed economic and banking sector, including the Labuan International Financial Centre
- Legal and Accounting practice based on British System
- English is widely used in the business community
- Network of well maintained highways and railways throughout the country
- Well-equipped seaports and easy connectivity with variety of world-class as well as budget airlines
- High quality telecommunications network and services throughout the country
- Fully developed industrial parks – Free Trade Zones, Tech Parks and Multimedia Super Corridor
- Friendly and hospitable Malaysians with reasonable cost of living and comfortable living environments
- Excellent housing with good amenities with 5 star condominiums and gated communities
- Excellent educational institutions from kindergarten to foreign world-class universities such as Monash University and University of Nottingham
- Excellent health care facilities with reasonable fees
Business Investment Opportunities in Malaysia – How Do I Get Started?
To be efficient and hassle free, call on us for consultation on how we can assist you in setting up the right business in Malaysia to meet your objective in Malaysia! Our professional service will help you answer the following questions:
- What kind of business entity suitable for my business plan in Malaysia
- What kind of Market Research, Info and Due Diligence work that I need to perform lower my risk?
- Incorporating Malaysian Company Sdn Bhd – is it possible for a 100% foreign owned on the business activities I intend to?
- What kind of trade licenses I need for the nature of business that I intend to do?
- What kind of Expatriate Work Visa for myself and my employees?
- Setting Regional/Representative office– is it right for me?
- What are the businesses not permitted in Malaysia?
- What about setting an International Business Entity, is it suitable?
- What is the difference between International Business Entity and Local Malaysian Company?
MalaysiaBizAdvisory only deals with foreigners, not all rules and policies by Malaysia Government regulatory applicable and remain same all the time for foreigners. Check with us for the latest changes to meet your objectives in Malaysia by contacting us at +603-2181 2882 for an appointment! We “Simplify Your Investment” in Malaysia