FAQ on Registration of Malaysian Sdn Bhd Company by Foreigners
After your business objective is well defined with confirmation for eligibility to operate, plus ability to get all necessary approvals for trade licenses and visa, you will now move ahead with the registration of the company, here is some important FAQ for your better understanding on registration of Malaysian Sdn Bhd company by foreigners:
What type of business entity foreigner can register in Malaysia?
Under the Company Commission of Malaysia (CCM), all foreigners only are allowed to register a private limited by shares (Sendirian Berhad- “Sdn Bhd”) company in Malaysia. Foreigners are not allowed to register sole proprietor, enterprise or LLP companies in Malaysia, these entities are meant for Malaysian only.
Can foreigners start a Malaysia Sdn Bhd Company in Malaysia?
Yes, and it can be 100% foreign owned by you, with a minimum RM500,000 paid-up capital depends on the nature of business. For retail, wholesale and distributive business natures, the 100% foreign ownership Sdn Bhd Company will be subjected to Ministry of Consumerism and Trade and only “unique” (businesses that local Malaysians do not have the knowledge or skills) business will be granted, this is to protect Malaysians opportunities and competitions. For some business nature, the paid capital would higher to meet the necessary requirement of the relevant authorities to issue the trade license or work permit for your business. FAQ on Registration of Malaysian Company by Foreigners
How fast is the incorporation of Malaysian Sdn Bhd Company?
3 to 5 days.
Do I need to be in Malaysia to incorporate the company?
Not necessary, we can provide the incorporation while you are in your home country.
How can I be sure that the incorporation Sdn Bhd Company to meet my objectives?
In order to ensure all necessary approvals able to obtain in place from the beginning of registration of company, licenses and work permit, we will perform a background check and due diligence process every step of the way based on your profile and objectives.
I decided to go ahead to register Malaysia Sdn Bhd company, what are the next steps?
1. We will define on your business nature and activities to match your objective in Malaysia including profiling ready for licenses and visa application
2. Decide your shareholding structure with minimum one Shareholder
3. Decide the key positions of Directors with minimum one Director
4. Propose 3 names for your company to perform a search name
5. Passport copy of all Directors and Shareholders
6. Fill in our Incorporation Form, sign our Client Service Agreement and make payment
When should I inject the capital into the company?
Initial capital will be defined by you can start as long as any amount for each shareholder. Paid-up capital is to be injected into the new company bank account by the shareholders gradually from time to time, as when required for business operations or to meet the capital amount required by the government bodies for the business licensing and permits applications depends on nature of your business.
What iarethe requirements being a Director and Shareholder of the Malaysia Sdn Bhd company?
1. Minimum age of 18 and above
2. Fit and proper person
3. He or she is not bankrupt and has not been convicted and imprisoned.FAQ on Registration of Malaysian Company by Foreigners
When can bank account be opened?
We will arrange a meeting with bankers, after incorporation of the company successfully done with complete documents
certified by us as Company Secretary.
FAQ on Registration of Malaysian Company by Foreigners guide is to assist all foreigners to have a better knowledge on how to incorporate a Malaysian Company Sdn Bhd and what are the major problems faced by foreigners before a decision is made.
Please do consider carefully before registration of Company to avoid wasting time and money.
Other main things to consider before you decide to start a business in Malaysia as follows:
- Is your business permissible by Malaysia Authorities for 100% foreign owned?
- Is there an opportunity for your kind of business in Malaysia?
- What should be the paid-up capital for the company?
- What kind of trade licenses do I need for my business nature?
- How can have the best tax rate for my company and personal?
We are here to provide you with the right answers, email us the form today! At MalaysiaBizAdvisory, we simply “simplify your business investment” in Malaysia to minimize your risk and hassle-free from day one! Call us today for appointment +603-2181 2882. on Registration of Malaysian Sdn Bhd Company by Foreigners