Malaysia Liberalisation of the Services Sector
In 2009 and 2011, Malaysia Government liberalised the services’ sector to attract more foreign investments and bring more professionals and technology as well as strengthen competitiveness of the services sector in the local Malaysia Sdn Bhd set-up. Malaysia liberalisation of services sector will give a boost the economy in years to come. It is a good news to foreigners who see this sector which has been a barrier to those who wanting to enter Malaysia in the past.
The benefits of liberalisation by Malaysia Government is to:
- Ability to attract foreign direct investments;
- Encourage transfer of specialized expertise and technology into the services sectors;
- Allow opportunity for Malaysian companies to expand out of domestic market and enter into the regional markets or global markets;
- Create higher value employment opportunities; and Inject competitiveness in the services sector in Malaysia.
Below is the 27 services sub-sectors of 1st announcement in 2009 within the Malaysia’s liberalisation of services sectors by Malaysia Investment Development Authority, with no equity condition imposed to welcome foreigners as follows:
In 2011, Malaysia Investment Development Authority had further liberalised an additional 7 broad following services sectors, to allow up to 100% foreign equity participation in phases:
Complementing the growth and development in the manufacturing sector, the Government is intensifying its efforts to promote and develop the services sector. The Government will be progressively undertaking liberalisation of the other services sub-sector on an on-going basis.
Feel free to contact us at +603-2181 2882 to find out if your business objective able to fit into the above liberalisation services sector. We “Simplify Your Investment” in Malaysia.
Unsure what kind of set-up to meet your investment objectives in Malaysia?
Simply way is to provide us more information to better advise you by filling in below form, we just cannot assist you without input from your end!
Please note that:
1. It is absolute important to get the right entity and business structure from the beginning for your intend business in order to get the all necessary approvals from various ministries, to avoid waste time and cost.
2. The right entity will lead you to much tax savings.
3. Company registration costing varies according to the authorized capital, industry and target market.
4. Permission to obtain expatriate visa under the company will be given according to current industry needs and it may not apply to all industries
5. There are many categories of licensing varies according to the nature of your business.