Roles and Duties of Company Secretary in Malaysia
Every company being registered as Private Limited (Sdn.Bhd.) owned by local Malaysians or foreigners required the appointment of minimum of one Company Secretary. Secretaries are licensed by Malaysia Company Secretaries Association and their fees being paid monthly approximate of MYR100, price depends on the jobs and services offered. The roles and duties of Company Secretary in Malaysia are clearly defined in Secretary Association with their licenses are also governed and regulated by the Company Commission of Malaysia.
The roles and duties of Company Secretary in Malaysia is as follows:-
Compliance with Statutory Requirements
Company Secretary is to assist your Company (Sdn. Bhd.), acting as the official liason party for your company to communicate ,preparation and submission of Statutory Returns with the Companies Commission of Malaysia in compliance with Statutory Requirements under the Malaysia’s Companies Act,1965.
Meetings/Preparation of Resolutions by Company Secretarial
- Attending to any of your Board Members at our office and giving general advice on company secretarial matters as and when required
- Preparation of resolutions by way of circular resolutions as and when required by your Board or Members
- Attendance at Board meetings / General Meetings; and
- Preparation and filing of Annual Returns of your Company to the Companies Commission of Malaysia.
Advisory Services by Company Secretarial
- General advisory services on company secretarial matters to ensure that all the secretarial records are properly maintained and that your Company complies with all requirements under the Companies Act, 1965; and
- Generally, advising you on the provisions of the Companies Act, 1965.
Roles and Duties of Company Secretary in Malaysia-Other supporting services!
- Alteration of Memorandum and Articles of Association i.e. change of object clauses and articles, change of authorised share capital and change of name;
- Transfer of shares, splitting of shares certificate and issuance of duplicate share certificates
- Allotment of Shares, Rights/Bonus Issue and Declaration of Dividend
- Company searches
- Certification of documents by the Secretary
- Attendance at Board Meetings, Annual/Adjourned Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings
- Protracted advisory services which may or may not entail extensive research and consultation; and
- Preparation of documents, statutory documents,instruments other than those required under the Companies Act, 1965.
We will screen through the list of the Company Secretaries according to their services best suit to your business needs. Check it out why our incorporation company services is a hassle free!